[Buddha-l] Re: Of Buddha, Miracles, and Ferry Rides

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Nov 1 15:31:44 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 10:31 -0800, Mitchell Ginsberg wrote:

> Btw, I see your new book as the word 'soteriology' in
> it. That is presumably not problematic for you
> (despite Richard's comments about the word in Land of
> No Buddha).

Just for the record, I have been convinced by numerous critics that I
was, as is my wont, being excessively narrow and literalistic in my
verbal rampage against the use of the word "soteriology" in a Buddhist
context. Indeed, the faster Land of No Buddha attains radical
impermanence, the happier I will be. I am inclined to agree with the
reviewer Vladimir K. about much of the criticisms expressed in his on-
line review:
(http://www.thezensite.com/ZenBookReviews/LandOfNoBuddha.htm)

--
Richard