[Buddha-l] Re: Moderation of Buddha-l

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri May 27 10:02:29 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 03:15 -0700, Bob Smith wrote:

> > One of the Moderators
>
> Out of curiosity, how many of you are there out there and who might
> you be?

At present there are only two moderators. Since buddha-l subscribers are
as a rule a well-behaved bunch, our policy since moving to SWCP has been
to set everyone to be moderated when they first join. After an
individual posts several times and shows signs of civility, we usually
remove the need for that person to be moderated. This means we need few
moderators these days, because the majority of what is posted here is
submitted by people whom we moderators have learned to trust to heed the
precepts outlined in the guidelines that are sent to every new
subscriber to buddha-l and to all subscribers about once every two
months.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy