[Buddha-l] angel or sphinx?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Thu May 26 19:04:21 MDT 2005

> "know" is a common biblical euphemism for "have sex with", as we can see
> in verse 8:
>
> 019:006 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door
>          after him,
> 019:007 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
> 019:008 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let
>          me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as
>          is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for
>          therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
>
> Somehow they always seemed to forget to teach verse 8 in Sunday school...

Just love the way he was ready to sacrifice his virgin daughters. It's stuff
like this that woke me up to the assininity of allegiance to Bible-based
Christianity, the only kind available when I was a kid. And it seems to be
the only kind available to the masses today. How do the dominionists deal
with verses like this?
JK