[Buddha-l] Re: +AFs-Buddha-l+AF0- Re: Can an Air Force cadet have Buddha nature?

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 19 13:14:26 MDT 2005

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> On reading "Bill was dry and went to the bank,"
[snip]
> Don't be silly. Everyone knows that Bill is broke and lacks the means to
> pay his bills. He has no funds to withdraw, and his credit is so bad
> that no one would give him a loan.

Well, not exactly everyone.  More Yankee cultural imperialism ?   I have
never heard the word "dry" used in the sense of "brassic" or even
sober"  -- I just thought he wasn't wet with moisture and so was able to go
out somewhere.  The problems of communication are even more fraught !

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge