[Buddha-l] Re: Nirvana si, bodhi no!

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed May 18 16:39:38 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 13:42 -0700, Bill Kish wrote:

> I was thinking more in terms of Asanga, the various Indian
> scholastics that comment on his work, and so on through Atisha
> and eventually Je Tsongkhapa.  If you or anyone else can think
> of examples of such "murkiness" wrt to either bodhicitta or
> annutara-samyak-sambodhi from this strata of Mahayana literature,
> I'd be interested in studying them.

I know absolutely nothing about that tradition. I've never read a single
word of Asanga or any of his commentators. Perhaps someone who has read
Asanga would be willing to point us in the direction of some of his
discussions of bodhicitta, if he had anything to say on the topic.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy