[Buddha-l] Re: Laughing at enlightenment

Stuart Lachs slachs at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 9 22:52:07 MDT 2005

Brook Ziporyn has written extensively on Tiantai Buddhist thought. His book
"Evil and/or/as The Good" may be viewed as an explication of the one
sentence "Other than the devil there is no Buddha; other than the Buddha
there is no devil," written by the monk Siming Zhili (960 - 1028).
Ziporyn deals with non-duality though it is hardly mentioned as such. The
index has has only two pages listed for the term in a book of 450 pages.

It is not an easy book!

Stuart