[Buddha-l] Re: a question

Michael Wilson michaeljameswilson at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 20:12:06 MDT 2005

 what would the Buddha say to Walt Whitman?

'I saw you, Walt Whitman, childless, lonely old
grubber, poking
among the meats in the refrigerator and eyeing the
grocery boys.
  I heard you asking questions of each: Who killed the
pork chops?
What price bananas?  Are you my Angel?'

(, which he got stole from 'A Supermarket in
California' by Allen
Ginsberg) ;)

Stefan

- That is my favourite "hommage" to Walt Whitman.
There are others, as from Maurice Buck, who idolized
and wrote books about him.  He also wrote "Cosmic
Consciousness".  To paraphrase Whitman, "only the
kernel of any thing nourishes" and if I can put
"cosmic consciousness" into a nut shell; Buck had this
experience in which he felt completely at-one with the
whole universe.  It might not be the buddha's
enlightenment, but it would a glimpse of that. I'd go
to my book shelf and try to open the book again but I
have to learn PHP.
michael j.