[Buddha-l] Buddhism, drug use and LSD

Michel Clasquin clasqm at mweb.co.za
Tue Mar 29 11:55:03 MST 2005

Vaj wrote:

  > In Beers case, it was permanent--but it took him years to stabilize the
> state. Like I said, you should read the source I mentioned. It's quite
> compelling.

Here's something I read somewhere years ago. I won't stand behind it,
but it is an interesting observation, worth throwing into the ring for
consideration.

Drugs alter the content of the mind. Meditation does that too, if more
slowly, but it also alters the structure of the mind, its ability to
digest and appreciate that altered content.

What does the honourable assembly think of that?