[Buddha-l] Re: Old buddha-l archives

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sat Mar 19 15:06:08 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 23:44 +0200, Michel Clasquin wrote:

> Yes, it's working, at least as far back as early last year.

Unfortunately, that's as far back as the archives go. About once every
couple of months, they erase archives more than a year old to make room
for new ones. Now that we are not generating new ones, we may be able to
keep our archives there for a while. It is proving more of a task than I
first guessed to migrate the old archives to the new site.

> BUT I did what any egotistical puttujhana would do: I went on a vanity
> search.

Oh gosh! It's my fault for not warning people NEVER to go back and look
at things they wrote in the past. It just brings on heartache. Either
you read old messages and say "I can't believe how foolish I was," or
you read them and say "Gee, I used to be so clever, but now I've slipped
into dotage."

> Now that I've had another look at what my former selves have
> posted, maybe we should just close the whole thing up again?

Think of it as a dhutanga practice to let others get a glimpse into the
workings of your mind.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy