[Buddha-l] Re: G-d, the D-vil and other imaginary friends

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Mar 16 17:18:52 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:46 -0500, J Tatelman wrote:

> I had thought that the only Mahayana sutra to mention icchantikas was
> the Lankavatara.

To the best of my knowledge, that is true, but I am always a little
hesitant to say what is not to be found in other Mahayana texts, given
that I myself have read only a very small percentage of them. In fact,
when I think of the tiny number of Mahayana sutras I have actually read,
it makes me feel a little embarrassed.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy