[Buddha-l] Re: G-d, the D-vil and other imaginary friends

Dharma Grandmother DharmaG at webtv.net
Wed Mar 16 16:35:34 MST 2005

Richard Hayes generously wrote:

Mahayana is not a monolithic doctrine. It is a hodgepodge of doctrines
from a great variety of texts. The texts that talked abut icchantikas
deny that all sentient beings have buddha nature, and the texts that say
that all sentient beings have buddha nature deny that there are
icchantikas. In Mahayana, you pays your money an takes your choice.

~I knew you would straighten me out, dear lad.

Yes, yes, for sure. Mahayana word poor choice..   that's what one
would expect from virgin B-I poster.... why even in Vajrayana only three
of four main schools teach that BN was the third turning of wheel... the
Gelukpa, according to Geshe Roach,  say third turning of wheel was just
to clear up what the Buddha meant in the first and second turning.

Let me try once again.... Oh, shucks... I had such a good point to
make... but got distracted by some of those icchy things that live in my
closet down here in Florida... even have a pet icchy.. call him
George....

So.. maybe will get back to ye. If not, will keep on enjoyin' ...and
learnin' from you all... I used to think smart like you guys/gals...
what a delight it is to lose your brain.

,^))
dg

Blessings to all.  May peace and peace and peace be everywhere.