[Buddha-l] Ethics and the ten commandments

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Mon Mar 14 14:45:49 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 15:30 -0500, Evelyn Ruut wrote:

> I was incorrect in assuming that since this was a buddhist discussion
> list, that it might have been a given that I am a buddhist of
> sorts.

Yes, that assumption was incorrect. I have no way of knowing how many
people here are buddhists of sorts. Do you recall the Groucho Marx line
"My uncle was a tailor--and a very bad one"? For some reason it comes to
mind in this context, but I can't put my finger on why.

> I hope I haven't offended anyone around here:-)

One of my duties as list administrator is to unsubscribe anyone who gets
offended by anything. That's why you'll find no Republicans on this
list, and damn few patriots from any country.

Thank gd for tenure, eh?

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy