[Buddha-l] Texas liberals

Fort, Andrew A.Fort at tcu.edu
Wed Jun 29 12:14:47 MDT 2005

Not that this has much to do with Buddhism, but there are a lot of liberals in the People's Republic of Austin.  And I want to put in a word for my friend Lon Burnam, a state representative from Fort Worth, who is a pacifist fighting the good fight in the state legislature.  That group is currently in session trying to figure out how to pay for educating children without interfering with  tax breaks for the richest Texans.  And if you want to visit a place that isn't full of sissies who are hesitant to apply the death penalty, come on down!  Andy Fort