[Buddha-l] Re: Obituary: The Age of Aquarius

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Jun 29 14:12:44 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 12:33 -0700, Michael Paris wrote:

> Would that be an export from New Mexico, since you stated there's an
> abundance of such creatures thereabouts?

It's quite possible that Starbucks coffee is made with pipí de cucaracha
only in New Mexico. It's the only water we can find. (The state of Texas
sued New Mexico a while back over water rights and won, so we have to
let the Rio Grande and Rio Pecos flow through the state directly into
Texas without taking any water from them. You can see, perhaps, why the
residents of this state have a penchant for Texas-bashing. I have no
idea why the other 48 states do it. Copying New Mexico, I guess.)

By the way, I have carefully reviewed your application to retire in New
Mexico. It meets with my approval, although I am reluctant to reduce the
number of liberals living in Texas. So far as I can see, there are eight
of you in the state, and if you and your wife leave, that will leave
only six.

If you ever do move here, give me a call. We can go to Starbucks and
listen to Dylan's new album and talk about Buddhism (which is never
discussed on buddha-l any more).

--
Richard Hayes
http://www.unm.edu/~rhayes