[Buddha-l] S. Pinker (linguist, cognitive psychologist)

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jun 28 09:05:45 MDT 2005

Sorry----FDR was the best president of the 20th c. , followed perhaps by
Johnson.
Clinton is terribly flawed because he supported the NAFTA regulations treaty
or whatever it was, relieving the US of thousands of jobs as manufacture
fled south of ze border. Clinton was/is a good speaker and was a suporter of
civil rights but so was Johnson, who did not sell the USA working people
down the Colorado river to Mexico, and later to China. Johnson's great
society legislation helped a lot of poor, ill-educated citizens.
There is no evidence that either president was influenced by Buddhism, but
they were influenced by the best of the humanist and/or Christian
philosophies of good works. As were their famous wives.
I cannot take Hillary seriously even though she's a good orator. She's only
a pol.
Joanna