[Buddha-l] Contemporary Tibet

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 19 04:10:21 MDT 2005

Mike Austin schreef:

> In message <42B3CB28.7040200 at xs4all.nl>, Erik Hoogcarspel
> <jehms at xs4all.nl> writes
>
>> Mike Austin schreef:
>>
>>> More fundamentally, I tend to see this as a 'problem' of compassion.
>>> A  Bodhisattva would seek to be of help to all beings and would thus
>>> need  to appear in whatever way is of benefit.
>>>
>> This is hypocrite crap of the worst kind, devotion. Who has no
>> opinion of his own just should keep his mouth shut. If the D.L. has
>> an opinion, but hasn't the guts to speak up, he's just week. Nobody
>> benefits from hearing sweet talk and lies.
>

> Oh dear, Erik. Unless you can offer some cogent explanation of what
> this 'hypocrite crap' is and how you identify it from what I wrote,
> one could surmise that a little crap has found its way into your own
> eyes.

Simple: your words express that you know for sure the exact nature of
the DL's intentions and that those intentions are an unchanging thing.
This is not backed up by logic or scientific inverstigation, but by
dogmatic belief. Expressing these words have a twofold purpose: to
spread this dogamtic belief and to make yourself look good.
I think it's just naïve and hypocritical to think that someone can
always and from every perspective be pure good and without faults in
this world. This the consequence of relativism or emptiness.

--

Erik