[Buddha-l] Re: A ltter concerning toleration

James Ward jamesward at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 1 08:42:41 MDT 2005

Steven,

Try to relax and take deep breaths...  The more rational and calm you
can be in this sort of situation, the better, although the momentum
that has been gained to this point will tend to work against that, I
expect.  Try, though -- you don't have to precipitate an emotional
crisis in yourself.

As far as I am aware, participation in Buddha-L is not part of anyone's
official university duties.  Even if Richard were a former
card-carrying member of the Communist Party, he would still have the
right to speak -- we must continue to act as if this were the United
States we formerly knew until the change is declared officially.  And,
as a moderator, Richard is responsible for making decisions about
whether messages to the list are appropriate or not.

Try to become aware now, without following all the impulses to zoom off
this way and that in response.  This is one of things that Buddhism can
help with, as you hopefully know.

Be well,

James Ward