[Buddha-l] The Dalai Lama's own Vinaya?

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 03:21:31 MDT 2005

Hi,

I believe Tibetan Buddhist, including the Dalai Lama follow the Mula-Sarvastivada Vinaya.

Best wishe,
Rahula

Stefan Detrez <stefan.detrez at gmail.com> wrote:
As the Dalai Lama refers to himself as being 'just a simple monk', I was wondering whether the Dalai Lama follows the 'standard-for-all-monks-and-nuns' Vinaya or that he, in his capacity of political leader, has a Vinaya adapted to his function. If there is some adapted version for his political function, does that grant him political power whatsoever?

Thanks,

Stefan