[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

SJZiobro at cs.com SJZiobro at cs.com
Wed Jul 6 08:36:37 MDT 2005

In a message dated 7/4/2005 8:48:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
curt at cola.iges.org writes:

> I have two friends who are practicing Buddhists (one is
> actually a Zen teacher) who home school their children.
> I also used to know a guy who was a Buddhist monk
> for a while who had been home schooled. In all cases
> the results seem to have been positive.
>

>From what I've observed students who are home-schooled consistently do better
than their peers in the public schools, at least in the part of the South in
which I live.  It's pretty impressive to note a child on the fourth grade
level reading and reflecting upon passages (however basically) from Augustine, the
Romantic poets, etc.  This student has also been introduced with religious
traditions other than Christianity, though his parents claim Christianity as
their base tradition.

Stan Ziobro