[Buddha-l] Re: fundamentalism

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Jul 5 09:29:46 MDT 2005

>I have two friends who are practicing Buddhists (one is
> actually a Zen teacher) who home school their children.
> I also used to know a guy who was a Buddhist monk
> for a while who had been home schooled. In all cases
> the results seem to have been positive.
> - Curt
In principle I'm not knocking home-schooling. Some local schools are in such
educational disarray that if parents can afford to do it, their kids will be
better educated. But there is also a lack among such children of what the
_real_ world of children in general is like.  Perhaps a combination of the
two--public and private-- might be experientially worthwhile.
Joanna