[Buddha-l] Demographics of religions in the United States ofAmerica

Catalina Castell-du Payrat c_castell at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 04:13:21 MDT 2005

Alex widding wrote:

<That is the opposite of the impression I had gained. I've noticed that
old
people are often more ready to disappear. Young people, of course,
mostly
believe that they will be the first to be immortal.>

I meant that. Young people do not think very much about it....They think (or some of us ......we used to think that it will not happen to us......) "old" people, maybe after 50s or 60s start thinking about that...and then several options: you still think it will not happen to you, you think it will happen and then depending on your "believes" you feel more or less easy with that or you chose reincarnation (or is your believe) and then, no trouble, you still will be here again! uf!

I guess some people are very scare of desapearing.........but again, this is only speculation, because you just don't know, your body will desapear for sure (unless you are like walt disney) we have seen that before, so probably it will happen to us as well but in a way it is very difficult to imagine something that is not accodingly with your state now. You exist, so how come are you actually going to imagine a non-existence?  (sorry, when I say you, I mean anybody, not you)

"Orages" in this part of the world....

Catalina

Catalina Castell - du Payrat
c_castell at yahoo.com