[Buddha-l] Current state of study of early Buddhist schools?

F.K. Lehman (F.K.L. Chit Hlaing) f-lehman at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 16 11:57:49 MST 2005

Responding to Richard Hayes, here, regarding the study of Buddhist
Schools: there's one addition, and, in this case, meaningful problem,
namely, that we've managed, finally to realise that there is an
intractable difficulty in trying to associate particular ideas with
particular schools. The thing is that we now understand (or I hope we
do) that the schools and their 'members' interacted all the time and
ideas generally were part of a sort intellectual of common soup that
all the schools tended to drink from.
--
F. K. L. Chit Hlaing
Professor