[Buddha-l] Crazy Wisdom

John Whalen-Bridge ellwbj at nus.edu.sg
Sun Dec 4 18:49:17 MST 2005

On Joni Mitchell's crazy wisdom Richard Hayes wrote:

> What a strange, strange boy

> He still lives with his family

> Even the war and the navy

> couldn't bring him to maturity

I always thought this song was a nod to Vajradhatu, but I never heard
whether or not Joni hung out in Colorado.  She did publish something
brief in a Zen Center magazine named "ZERO," alongside Leonard Cohen, I
think.  LAZC?  I found it in a used bookstore and grabbed it.

Am reading poems by Mary Oliver (West Wind) now, and they are all about
animals and insights and joy and...meditation.  Lots of stillness and
quiet and meditation.  No references to crazy wisdom, though.

Cheers,

JWB