[Buddha-l] What's wrong with a little Dharma?

Dan Lusthaus dlusthau at mailer.fsu.edu
Wed Aug 31 03:56:27 MDT 2005

> How quickly you forget, Dan! Let me remind you that the FBI managed to
> destabilize the Koresh cult in Waco by blasting recordings of Tibetan
> chanting at them at high volumes around the clock.

Unfortunately, bad example, Richard. Waco ended in a bloody mess, and if you
think the preponderance of opinion amongst the Bible belters, southerners
and red-staters is anti-Koresh or pro-govt., you need to do a little
ethnographic exploration. "Waco" has replaced "the Alamo" as the name and
slogan that one needs to remember in order to know who the enemy is (FBI,
Federal govt., et al.), what lengths the Satanic Secular powers will go to
suppress Christians, and what still awaits revenge. Scary stuff. I'm not
talking about fringe-types, either.

Folks who haven't lived down there have absolutely NO IDEA what the hell is
going on in that part of the country.

Of course, this is all the fault of technology. The New South was created by
air conditioners. Otherwise it would still be so hot and stultifying down
there most of the year that sipping mint juleps and rolling the N word
around on their tongues would be all they'd be capable of doing.

You probably think I sound too over-excited, shrill, and hyperbolic. That's
what they want you to think.

Remember Kevin McCarthy on the bridge at the end of the original "Invasion
of the Body Snatchers" movie? He looked crazy, too.

Serenely samadhically yours,
Dan Lusthaus