[Buddha-l] How to set your account temporarily to receive no mail

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Apr 29 11:45:27 MDT 2005

A subscriber asks:

> I will be away during the month of may and need to stop receiving Buddha-L
> posts for the duration.  Could you enlighten me on how to do this?

I can't enlighten anyone on anything, but I can tell you how to change
the settings on your account.

2. Scroll down to where it says "buddha-l Subscribers".

3. Put your e-mail address in the blank field just in front of the
button that says "Unsubscribe or edit options" and then click that
button.

4. You will be prompted for your password. (You remembered to save this,
right? If not, click the box that says "Remind" under the heading
"Password reminder". Your password will be sent to you, and you will
remember to save it for future use, right.) When you have your password,
fill it in the appropriate box and click the button that says "Log in")

5. You should now be on a page that says "buddha-l mailing list
membership configuration for <your name and your e-mail address>".
Scroll down until you come to a heading called "Your buddha-l
Subscription Options".

6. Tick the box that suits your current needs. The very first option,
for example, is Mail Delivery. If you wish to stop mail for a while,
tick the box labeled "Disabled." When you wish for mail to resume, go
through the steps above and this time click "Enabled".

It's as easy as one, two, three, four, five, six.

If you REALLY can't follow these instructions, please let me know, and
I'll try to help you out.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy