[Buddha-l] Re: Moment of individuation

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Apr 20 15:03:10 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 14:44 -0400, Peter D. Junger wrote:

> Hume, who would pretty clearly have
> qualified as a Great Bodhisattva were it not for his mistake in
> awakening Kant from his dogmatic slumbers in violation of the
> precept to let sleeping dogmatists lie.

I think you have this precept slightly garbled. I think the actual form
of it is "I undertake the training principle of letting lying dogmatists
sleep."

Now figure this one out. As I was typing that sentence, George Bush and
Tom DeLay came to mind. Now why would that be?

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy