[Buddha-l] Moment of individuation

Thomas Oltman tom.oltman at oltman.de
Tue Apr 19 02:07:53 MDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard P. Hayes" <rhayes at unm.edu>
To: "Buddhist discussion forum" <buddha-l at mailman.swcp.com>
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2005 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Buddha-l] Moment of individuatio

>Reason, as I see it, has nothing much to do with any of
>this, even less does empirical observation.

Leaving aside the question of whether reason is going to help us here, it
seems to me to mostly about point of view (rather than the specific view),
for example the POV of the chicken or that of the fox.  But I agree that we
should leave it there (with or without a soul or any teleological
functions), else we start quoting (or making up) koans at each other.

TomOltman