[Buddha-l] 'Sons of Brahma, sons of Buddha?'

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Tue Apr 12 16:50:19 MDT 2005

Hey thanks--it's now clear, finally! I had got used to hearing what I
thought meant "god" referred to as "bhagwaan" in everyday conversation in
India, as in "bhagwaan kere"--if god is willing, a sort of riposte to the
Muslim insha'allah-- so was confused by that. Was under impression also that
that Hindi expression had been invented fairly recently, and was rarely
uttered by Hindus. But could be wrong about that, too.
Joanna