[Buddha-l] question

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Sun Apr 3 13:00:21 MDT 2005

Dear Listmembers,
I'm feeling lazy and wanting to save on petrol, so before I need to hop in
the car and head to the library, my question for you is what is the name of
the rhetorical move that transforms normally conflicting entities into
harmonious entities? (Assuming there is such a move.)
To adhere to our list rule, let's say a move that transforms Mara, normally
a deadly demon instigating conflict, into an entity that ensures harmony.

The idea I shouldn't apply to the various Tibetan demons that were converted
to protecting Buddhism at a certain point in time,  because they still
retained their deadly nature, only the object of it changed.

Thanks for any help out there......
Joanna