[Buddha-l] Former denizens keeping the faith

Alex Wilding alex at chagchen.org
Tue Mar 31 00:00:13 MDT 2009

How refreshing! I too have briefly mentioned E-Sangha on my own blog
(http://dangzang.blogspot.com/2009/03/aro-ter.html), and plan to do more.
Richard, you did not mention that Aro-ter is one of the banned movements.

(I *really want* to stress that I'm not actually supporting Aro-ter, just
noting the way they have been treated at E-Sangha. Once, when I lived in
Ireland, I wrote a letter to the local paper protesting against an idiotic
attack on the Masons that had been printed - one of those things about the
Protocols of the Elders of Zion etc etc. Lo and behold, within two weeks I
was approached about becoming a Mason. People seem to assume that "He who is
against the lies that are told against me must be for me"! Hence my caution
here.)

My next blog about E-sangha will relate how a couple of my own identities
have been banned from there without warning and without explanation, in
spite of multiple requests for an explanation. The only reasonable guess I
can make is because my false identities expressed views critical of Malcolm
Smith (Namdrol). In fact he knows *much* more than I do. However, if I may
say so, and in my humble opinion, of course, he is walking proof that
knowledge is the same as neither wisdom nor scholarship.

All the best
Alex Wilding (which is my "true" identity, and heaven forfend that I would
use a false one here!)
Blog: http://dangzang.blogspot.com/